SimHydro 21: Models for complex and global water issues – Practices & expectations
All delegates who are willing to attend the event on-site are welcome in Sophia Antipolis and no quota is implemented due to the sanitary situation.
The participants who are willing to attend the conference online will be able to give their presentation through the platform and to exchange with the audience on-site and online.
Models for complex and global water issues : Practices and expectations
The SimHydro 2021 conference is jointly organized by the Société Hydrotechnique de France (SHF), Université Cote d’Azur (UCA), the Association Française de Mécannique (AFM), the Environmental & Water Resources Institute (EWRI) and the International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR).
Following the 5 past successful events in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2017 and 2019, the next SimHydro Conference will be held from 16th to 18th of June 2021 at Polytech Nice Sophia (School of Engineering) in Sophia Antipolis technopark, near Nice and Cannes – France (French Riviera).
For this new edition, the general theme of the conference will be focused on “Models for complex and global water issues – Practices and expectations”.
The conference is mainly targeting the European audience and endeavours to collect high value papers that will be published in scientific journals and in a specific book (Advances in Hydroinformatics) with Springer like for the 4 previous editions. Over the last 5 years, the published chapters have been downloaded more than 150 000 times.
All submitted papers are going through a peer review process (2 reviews from the scientific committee) before receiving final approval for oral presentation and publication.
English will be the conference language.
- Hydro-environmental issues and extreme situations
- Uncertainties and data assimilation
- Al solutions for water
- Intensive computing for hydraulic simulation
- Extreme in hydraulics: how to deal with
- Decision Support System and models: concepts, design, challenges, implementation and operation
- Real time management and models
- Hydraulic structures and networks: real time operation
- Scale models in hydraulics and their place and complementary in simulation concept
- Modelling methods and tools for floods management
- 3D multi-phase flows (experiments and modelling)
- Hydraulic machiner
- Diphasic flows and cavitation
- Modelling in ecohydraulics and morphology
Organizing & Steering Committee
- Philippe Gourbesville (Ecole Polytech, Nice Sophia Antipolis), LOC Chair
- Morgan Abily (ICRA, Spain)
- Valérie Banneville (DHI, France)
- Olivier Bertrand (ARTELIA, France)
- Philippe Bardey (ACRI-in, France)
- Guy Caignaert (ENSAM – SHF, France)
- Giovanni de Cesare (EPFL, Switzerland)
- Claire-Marie Duluc (IRSN, France)
- Ina Ebert (Münich RE, Germany)
- Bettina Geisseller (Geisseller Law Firm, Germany)
- Nicole Goutal (EDF, France)
- F.X. Cicero (CNR, France)
- Thierry Lepelletier (Hydratec, France)
- Shie Yui Liong (NUS, Singapore)
- F.R. Martin Lauzer (ARGANS, UK)
- Cécile Münch (HEVS, Switzerland)
- Carole Paplorey (SHF, France)
- André Paquier (INRAE, France)
- Pablo Tassi (EDF, France)
- Neda Sheibani (SHF, France), Conference Secretary
- Van-Thanh-Van Nguyen (McGill University, Canada)
Ecole Polytech Nice Sophia-Antipolis
Campus SophiaTech, 930 route des Colles, BP 145,
06903 Sophia Antipolis
How to access Ecole Polytech
The following transit lines have routes that pass near Polytech Nice-Sophia (Site Lucioles)
Bus – 1, Bus – 22, Bus – 230